Roquefort les Pins - Things to do and see near Villa Zelda...
- Local shops: A Fruit & Deli market, several restaurants, traditional french bakery, banks & atms, pharmacy, and a supermarket can be found
just 500m from the Villa. A wider range of shops and restaurants can be found 10 minutes drive away in the
medieval village of Valbonne, where you'll find clothes and gift shops, wine shops, and speciality shops for french cheeses and local dishes.
- Local markets: Roquefort les Pins has its own small local market every Wednesday morning in the primary school car park. The Valbonne market which has a wider variety of wares and local produce is held every Friday morning.
- One of the biggest KARTING tracks in Europe is only 12 kms away (Fun-Kart) on the road to Gourdon, "Monster Paintball" is right beside it for double the trouble!
- Sporting activities in the area are plentiful. There is also tennis, fishing, horse riding, water sports and of course the beach. There are also many forest walks and trails just on the edges of the village to follow.
- There are numerous top quality GOLF courses within very close proximity including one of the oldest in the area, Opio golfcourse just 4kms down the road (18 holes, Par 73, 5782m). Beginners like the course as it's not too long although technical challenges keep advanced players on their toes! Royal Mougins Golf Club (18 holes, par 71, 6004m) and Cannes Mougins Golf Club are 20 minutes away. Also Golf de Biot; 18 Holes, Par 67, 4511m and Golf de la Grande Bastide in Chateauneuf (7km away) 18 holes, Par 72, 6105m.
- Beaches: Just 15 minutes drive away there is a lovely smooth-surfaced seaside promenade at Cagnes-sur-Mer which is perfect for walking, jogging, cycling
and rollerblading. Down the coast towards Nice is the famous ‘Promenade des Anglais’. From there you can wind your way around the narrow streets of old Nice admiring quirky little boutiques and do a bit of "people-watching" while having a refreshing drink at one of the many outdoor 'brasseries' and 'bistros'. The nearest (pebble) beach is at Villeneuve-Loubet,
only 15 mins away by car, where you will find all sorts of water sports and a yacht club that rents sailing boats by the hour.
The beach is manned by lifeguards and is clean and pebbly. Heading west you will find calm sandy beaches in Antibes, "plage de la Salis", Juan
les Pins and Cannes (30 mins away) and dramatic cliffs and scuba diving & snorkeling at Theoule sur Mer. A 15
minute ferry ride from Cannes takes you to the quiet, unspoilt islands of Ste
Marguerite and St Honorat, les Iles de Lerins, with stunning
coves, walking trails, a bird watching sanctuary and a medieval fort.
- Public transport: There is a bus stop just 5 minutes walk from the villa, which offers a
good bus service between the towns of Grasse and Nice, stopping at
Roquefort and Nice-Cote d’Azur airport. The nearest train station is
approximately 10 minutes away at Villeneuve-Loubet-Plage or Cagnes sur Mer and this provides
an excellent train service along the coast.
- Things to Visit: There are so many things to do and see around Roquefort les Pins. The nearby village of Valbonne has a very pretty pedestrian quarter with restaurants all around for balmy outdoor dining. The picturesque mountainside village of Saint Paul de Vence (12km) with its famous Art Galleries and Gourmet Restaurants is a favourite outing for visitors and locals alike. An hour's drive will bring you to the excitement of Monaco's glamourous boutiques and famous casinos. Then pop over the border for the Italian experience and the busy Friday morning market of Ventimiglia.The Matisse museum in Nice is a must for admirers of his work. We also have the national museums of Fernand LEGER, Marc CHAGALL and Picasso's "La Guerre et La Paix" exhibition in the region.
- Other entertainment: The sea world of Marineland just 10 mins drive away in Antibes which comprises of a water based
animal park with dolphins and Killer Whales, a children's farm, minigolf and the waterslide park ‘Aquasplash’. Children's Accrobranch (tree-climbing with ropes and pulleys) and a childrens labyrinth/park are just 4kms down the road in Villeneuve Loubet.
Roquefort les pins is 20 minutes from Nice airport (22km) , 20 minutes from Cannes (16km) , 15 minutes from Antibes and 45 minutes from Monte Carlo (Monaco).
The adjacent Local villages of Valbonne, Mougins, and Saint Paul de Vence all offer fabulous choices of restaurants along with art, boutiques and local culture. Public and private beaches are within easy reach as are the exclusive shops and atmosphere of Cannes, Nice and Juan Les Pins.
For Golfers there are up to 20 courses in the region, including the exclusive Royal Mougins, Cannes Mougins and Monte Carlo golf clubs. St Tropez, the Southern Alps and Italy can all be reached by car or train within one hour.
Location: Roquefort-les-pins in France (postcode 06330)
Nearest Airport : Nice International at 22 Kilometres
Nearest Motorway : A8 - Villeneuve Loubet at 7 Kilometres
Nearest Beach : Beach at 9.0 Kilometres
Nearest Ski resorts: Gréolières Les Neiges at 18.7 Kilometres - Auron and Isola 2000 a little further afield at 1hour30's drive.